NICU Helping Hands’ Project NICU is a hospital based program that expands the support services and level of education provided to parents and other family members who are affected by the hospitalization of a newborn in the NICU.
Project NICU provides customized family support components which include:
- Parent Support: Addresses emotional needs of all families with babies in the NICU through peer support groups and one-on-one support
- Parent Education: Assists parents in becoming informed participants in their child’s care while in the NICU through education and resource materials
- Sibling Support: Provides brothers and sisters of NICU babies educational opportunities and emotional support through age appropriate activities
- From Hospital to Home: Helps NICU families prepare for their baby’s homecoming by organizing information discussions related to discharge
- Memory Archiving: Assists NICU families in documenting their experience by providing opportunities for photography, scrapbooking, and online archiving
- Bereavement: Supports NICU families who experience the loss of their newborn by providing angel gowns, arranging photography services, and assisting with other necessary arrangements
- Antepartum Support: Supports women who are hospitalized due to a high-risk pregnancy by providing movies, books, magazines and art activities at the bedside
- Transport Support: Supports NICU families who experience the transfer of their newborn to a different hospital
For more information regarding Project NICU and how your hospital can provide this program to families in your hospital please contact us.